Monday, October 25, 2010

Giant Cupcake Pan

The Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan is a really cute, really simply tool to use when you need a great looking cake for a small amount of people. I couldn't find baking instructions for it anywhere, though, and so it was a little bit of trial and error the first time I used it.

What I found easiest was to actually remove the cake momentarily during the baking process and take the top portion of the cupcake out of the pan before allowing the remaining portion to cook. This helped to keep the top from cooking quicker, and also helped to keep it from burning.

If you are lucky enough to use Wilton Cake Release for your baking needs, then popping the top portion of the cake out will be no sweat. If you're not using Cake Release, please do. It is the best $4.00 I have ever spent on any baking supply.

Once my cake was successfully baked and cooled, I smeared chocolate buttercream around the base to adhere aluminum foil to it easily. This gave it the impression of a traditional cupcake, only giant sized! After the foil was in place I put another thin layer of chocolate buttercream in between the top and bottom layers, and piped on chocolate buttercream around the top with large tip. No cupcake is complete without sprinkles, and since I have been on a chocolate kick lately I decided to use semi-sweet chocolate chips as sprinkles for this cupcake!

It was a huge hit at the dinner party I went to, and it was a lot of fun to make, too! Be sure to visit the pictures tab at the top of the page to see my latest cakery-creation!

Covered in Cake,

Ashlee

No comments:

Post a Comment